How do you say “kick ass” in Portuguese?
Remember that the slang term “kick ass” has two different meanings in English. One is “to give someone a beating” and the other is “to do or perform extremely well”. When it comes to the slang term for “give someone a beating” there are a few options in Portuguese. In this post I will focus on the most common ones:
- Quebrar a cara Kick ass (Beat someone — physically only)
- Dar um cacete Kick ass (beat someone — physically only)
- Detonar Kick ass (do or perform extremely well or beat someone physically)
- Arrebentar Kick ass (do or perform extremely well or beat someone physically)
- Rollette Gray-C. kicked ass in the octagon again!
A Rollette Gray-C. detonou dentro do octágono de novo!
- Bobby-Jean Buckly said he will kick your ass.
O Bobby-Jean Buckly disse que vai quebrar a tua cara.
- Our band kicked ass last night at the concert — we were awarded The Golden Guitar Medal.
Nossa banda no show ontem à noite — nós ganhamos a medalha “The Golden Guitar”.
- Romax Shootz promised he will kick your ass in the first round.
O Romax Shootz prometeu que vai te arrebentar no primeiro round.
See also the related post in Portuguese: O que significa “kick ass” em inglês
By Daniel Penn-English4Brazil
Filed in: how to say in portuguese